Wednesday 28 August 2013

Introductions

I'm Lucy and I'm studying a BA English & Spanish degree at Exeter University. As I'm studying a languages degree, I have a mandatory year abroad to enjoy/endure! I've organised an eight-month placement at a travel company in Barcelona, and I've already started doing some work remotely. This has so far included writing articles and website landing pages, which I must say I've enjoyed. From our brief communication thus far, the people I'll be working with seem lovely!

I'm living in a flat in the Eixample region of Barcelona, which I'll be sure to write a separate post on shortly. I moved in on Monday, and I'm really glad I chose this area. My sister's staying with me for ten days, both to help me settle in and to have a cheap holiday, and we've been doing all the touristy stuff this week. Today we visited the incredible Parc Guell, and yesterday we braved Las Ramblas and La Boqueria market.

This blog will act as a document of my travels, both of the good times and the bad times, and an account of my eternal quest to avoid the sun. Essentially, it's the story of a pale girl in Barcelona.

No comments:

Post a Comment